Recently, I switched my operating system to iOS for the first time. The most amazing and unformal thing I noticed on my new iPhone was iMessage. This was a totally new thing for me because I never saw iMessage o the Android phone that I used to use.
You can even call it one of the glaring weaknesses of the Android operating system. However, Google has introduced an alternative to iMessage named Allo but it doesn’t have enough features to beat iMessage just like Google Assistant app can’t beat the Siri.
When we can’t use iMessage on the Android? This was the question disturbing me all the night. I knew there must be a way to use iPhone on the Android device like many other Android tricks that make your phone better. So I started my search and ended up with an amazing app that let you send and receive iMessage on the Android devices.
Send and Receive iMessage on the Android Phone:
But to use this trick, you will need a Mac too. Moreover, now you can also dual-boot Windows and OS X on your Mac device.
If you don’t have a Mac then I’ll suggest you go and read how to dual-boot the Ubuntu and Window 10. Because you do need a Mac device to send and receive iMessages on the Android operating system.
WeMessage is the best and most recommended 3rd party, iMessage client app for all of your Android devices. Using this 3rd party app, you can send, read, and receive iMessages on the Android devices easily.
One more thing you will need is Weserver to be installed on your Mac device. It is an accompanying server-side application which is required to route iMessages from your Mac to the client’s Android device. Let’s get started without wasting a second.
- You will face some copyright issues if you install WeServer directly on your Mac. That’s first, I would suggest you install Java SE Development Kit (JDK) first. It will help you run the WeServer program smoothly on your Mac device. If your Mac is away but still you want to use it then you can give a try to those 5 free remote desktop client for MAC. If you don’t have JDK on your Mac then you can download it from here.
- Now after installing the Java SE Development Kit (JDK), go to the “System Preferences” on your Mac, then select “Security & Privacy” settings. It will take you to a new page, click on the “Privacy” tab from there and scroll down to the “Accessibility” settings. Check the box “you have nothing more to do” from here. This process will let the terminals to control your Mac as WeServer can operate only inside the terminal.
- The time is to install WeServer now. Download and install the WeServer program on your Mac. It is the main component to send and receive iMessage on the Android. Open it after installation!
- Now It will ask you to enter your iMessage email and password. Enter your original iMessage email and any random password(which is easy to guess). Here is a complete guide to creating the strong passwords on the internet.
- What you need to do now is Download and install WeMessage app from Google play store on your Android device. Open the app and it will ask you for the WeServer’s IP address, email, and password.
- You already have the email and password, but to get the IP address, again you need to open the “System Preferences” page from Mac’s settings page and then click on the “Network” button.
- Now got to the Advanced setting and scroll download to the “TCP/IP”. Copy the IPv2 address from there and paste it on WeMessage app.
Tha’s all! Enter the email address, password and IP address & click Sign in. Click on the Sync contacts and It will start searching for your iMessages. Now you can both send and receive iMessages on your Android device.
It doesn’t integrate all of the original iMessage features but still, you can use a lot of them. One more thing to make sure is that always keep your WeServer on when using iMessage on the Android device.
SMS for iMessage App:
This is yet another Android app which takes iMessages from your Mac and shows it on your Android device. The setup process of SMS for iMessage App is quite similar to the above ones but it is not free. You can only send or receive 5 messages for free in one day and then you have to buy the paid subscription and It will cost you about $13 a year.
Keep in mind that both of the above-listed apps are not official by any of Google and Apple. They both are 3rd party apps.