The Directorate General of Immigration and Passport (DGI&P) in association with NADRA (National Database and Registration Authority) has now launched a system that will allow you to renew passport online in Pakistan. This system is now available in Pakistan and working fine. The persons having a Pakistani passport and want to renew their expired passport can now enjoy this easy to use online service.
Renew Passport Online in Pakistan:
This service is not only for local people but overseas can also apply for only passport renewal through this system. The government of Pakistan has delivered one of its promises. This project was started by NADRA and Directorate General of Immigration and Passports about a year ago, and it is now available for everyone. This system of online passport renewal will take about two more years to spread completely all over the world. The online passport renewal service will not only reduce the queues at passport offices, but it also keeps you safe from standing in long rows for hours. In this guide, I will tell you that how you can renew passport online in Pakistan. What documents you will need, fee structure, delivery time and everything. You can apply for online passport renewal through the website of Directorate General of Immigration and Passport.
Documents Requirement for Online Renewal of Passport:
You must have the following documents to renew passport online in Pakistan.
- Photocopy of your computerised national identity card (CNIC).
- Photocopy of first two pages of your old passport.
- In the case of a government employee, you will need a No-Objection Certificate (NOC) from your department.
In addition to these documents, depending on the nature of your application, you may also require the following documents.
Documents Required For The Minors:
If the applicant is under 18-year-old and not in possession of valid computerised national identity card (CNIC), in addition to the mandatory documents, following documents are also needed.
- Photocopy of computerised national identity card (CNIC) of parents.
- Photocopy of computerized B- Form.
- A photocopy of a death certificate if mother or father is passed away.
- Guardianship certificate.
Documents Required For Government Employees:
You will need to submit some additional documents if you are an employee of the Government of Pakistan.
- Non-objection certificate (NOC) for Government Employee.
- A non-objection certificate (NOC) for Armed Forces employee.
- Non-objection certificate (NOC) for the employee of Autonomous Body.
How to Apply For Online Renewal of Passport:
Above was the list od documents that you will need to renew passport online in Pakistan. Now I am going to tell you how you can apply for online renewal of Passport.
- First of all, collect all the documents you will need to submit.
- Now go to a photo studio and capture your photos with blue background up to 5 MB in USB.
- You will also need a valid credit/debit card for online payment of your application.
- Everything done? Now go to this URL: http://onlinemrp.dgip.gov.pk/ to start your application.
Fee For Online Passport Renewal:
|Fee for 05 Years Validity|
|Normal (36-Pages)||Rs.3,000/-|| |
Fee for 10 Years Validity
|Normal (36-Pages)||Rs.5,400/-|| |
Delivery Fee and Time:
It will cost you Rs 250 for delivery if you are living in Pakistan and want to renew your passport online. For overseas Pakistan, the delivery charges of passport are RS 1000. You would get your passport in 10 working days if you applied for the normal delivery. Urgent candidates will get their passport in only four working days, but it will cost them more as we mentioned above.
Read Also: How to pay and check PTCL bills online