Recently, I had a bad experience with some storage servers. That’s why I want such a server at home that is completely saved for my important and precious documents. People used to save and store their important data on USB drives in the past. Similarly, some people used to save their data in online cloud storages. But they both are not suitable if your data is large and you want to keep in secret. One os its disadvantages is that they are limited in storage and the second one is that the security risk issue of your precious documents. Today, I am going to tell you that how to create personal server on your PC.
How to Create Personal Server on Your PC:
You will need a software named Tonido to create personal server on PC. This software was available online for $29 recently. But now the company is providing it for free, and you don’t need to pay a single rupee for it. Tonido comes up with a lot of brilliant features in it. For example, its simple installation makes your PC as a server. It depends on you that you want to make server completely to your PC or make any one or multiple folders as the server. Android and iOS applications are also available of Tonido. The use of these applications makes easiest and fastest approach to your storage.
Tonido is the best to approach and locate the stored files on your PC. The biggest advantage of this software is that if you need a file in the smartphone, then you have the facility to view that file online through Tonido application. One other noble feature of the Tonido program is that protect/save your smartphone data as a backup on your PC. You can easily be upload or download any sort of data with the help of web browser or application.
You can save the entire client computer’s data with one main central computer by creating a combined folder. In other words, one shareable folder can be created, which will synchronize with all the client computers at the same time. Tonido is available for all platform i.e for Windows, iOS, Android, and Blackberry.
Installation guide for Tonido:
- First of all, download and install the Tonido app on your device.
- It will need permission from firewall at the time of installation. Allow it to began the installation process.
- After installation, you can configure the settings from any web browser. On the first page, You have to set the name, language, password, and email address. After completing all the necessary blanks, accept conditions and click on “Create” tab.
- On next page, you will find a server address. Like shout92.tonidoid.com.
- This step is most important in this method. In this field, they will ask you a question that whether you want to your whole computer as the server or just a few folders. Firstly I recommended you to create just a few folders as the server. You can also change it later.
- Tonido asks you about to create the index on the next page.
- Now you will find the method to access through the smartphone application.
- Finally, you can see your cloud server. You can also see URL of your cloud server.
So These are the few simple steps through which you can create the personal server on your PC. Say buy to the untrusted and expensive cloud servers and start creating your on servers. G cloud backup is the best Android app for creating a backup for your data.
Also Read: How to make a Wifi hotspot on your PC.