Gmail is the world most popular and largest email service by Google. Almost every internet user has a Gmail account. You do need a Gmail account to use the Android phone properly like you can’t open the Play store without Gmail. Google is adding many new and exciting features to its email service time by time. Some of those features look profitable, some look unprofitable while most of us don’t know that how to cash those latest features. Today, I am going to share 10 useful Gmail tips like how to switch Gmail accounts, unlink Gmail accounts and much more. Let’s get started!.
1. Switch Gmail Accounts:
Most of us use more than 1 Gmail accounts for different reasons. It takes a lot of time to switch Gmail accounts from one to another. But now you don’t need multiple browsers or login & logout, again and again, to switch Gmail accounts because of the new feature introduced by Gmail. Google now allow you to open multiple Gmail accounts at the same time in your favourite web browser. You have to link your both Gmail accounts in order to use this feature. Follow the below steps to link and switch Gmail accounts fastly.
1. Open any of your Gmail accounts that you want to link.
2. Now click on the picture in the right top corner and click “Add account”.
3. Type the second email here that you want to link and open at the same time.
4. Enter the password of that account and click “sign in”.
5. Now click on the picture again on the top menu and select the email addresses from the menu.
That’s it!. Now you don’t need to switch Gmail accounts again and again to check your emails. Just click on any email account from the top menu to switch it quickly. Click again on the picture and select another email address to switch to another Gmail account.
2. Unlink Gmail Accounts:
You have linked the multiple accounts to switch Gmail accounts fastly. Now you need to unlink Gmail accounts if you want to remove one account. To unlock Gmail accounts, just follow the below steps.
1. Open any of the linked Gmail accounts and click on the photo icon on the top right corner of the screen.
2. Click on the sign out account from here. It will log out and unlink this Gmail account from the another one.
3. Change Gmail Username:
It was almost impossible to change Gmail username in the past. But thanks to the Google that now allow us to change it. Follow the below steps to change your Gmail username.
1. Open your Gmail account on PC(You can’t change Gmail username of smartphone) and click on the setting from above menu,
2. Click on the Account setting and select edit info from here.
3. Now write the new name here and save it. That’s it!
4. Use Filters in Gmail:
I am 100% sure that you don’t know yet that how to use filters in Gmail. By using filters in Gmail, you can create/set different options for incoming emails. Like you can block emails, apply rules to certain subjects and forward them to other email addresses by using filters in Gmail. Follow the below steps.
1. Open the message in your Gmail, click on the more button and select Filter messages like these.
2. A new screen will appear now. You’ll see the sender email in From field.
3. Now click on the text search and all the emails from that sender will appear in a new window.
4. Now click on the Next step button to create use filters in Gmail. You will see a lot of filter options here like creating a label. Just apply it.
5. Now go to the bottom of the screen and click on the apply filters to the x conversation below. A filter will automatically apply to other emails of that sender.
You can apply much more filters from here easily. Like you can block email address from here, You can set a filter to forward emails to another account automatically.
5. Use Keyboard Shortcuts:
Do you know that you can use keyboard shortcuts in Gmail to complete tasks quickly?. Yes, you can, There are many keyboard shortcuts available that you can use to save your time and energy. Also, check out the best and advanced Google search commands and shortcuts to save your time.
- Open your Gmail account and click on the C button from your keyboard to compose a new mail.
- Press the X button on your keyboard to select and deselect the thread.
- To archive all the selected threads, press E.
- You can press U to select and N to deselect all the emails.
6. Backup Gmail Messages:
Almost every person related to online/offline business use Gmail to send/receive important data. So we can say that Gmail messages are always important. If you have deleted your Gmail messages mistakenly then you can recover them through few simple steps that are listed below.
1. First of all, download and install the Gmail backup tool from here.
2. Now open the tool, enter your email address and password, select the backup folder, select the dates and click on the backup button.
3. The backup will be stored in Microsoft EML format within few minutes. That’s it! Is it not cool?.
7. Gmail Labs:
Gmail labs is one of the most powerful features introduced by the company. Google has included much more tools inside the Gmail labs that you can use to make your account perfect. Read the below guide to using the Gmail labs perfectly.
1. First of all, you need to do is go to the Gmail labs setting of your account by clicking here. You’ll see a list of different options here.
2. Now the top option you will see is “Authentication icon for verified senders”. If you keep checking your spam folder you must know about the spam messages you received there. By enabling this option, you will see a key icon in front of every email that has been sent by authenticated company like PayPal, Google and Amazon.
3. By enabling the Auto-advance option, Gmail will automatically show you next conversation directly once after deleting/archiving one conversation.
4. The third option you gonna see in the list is Canned Responses. You will be able to send messages to multiple emails just by clicking next button that will appear once after you enable canned responses.
Similar to these, you can enable any option from Google labs list to complete tasks quickly. There are total 13 options in that list that can change your entire experience of Gmail. Have you heard about this Gmail feature before?.
8. Type Emails in Different Languages:
Do you want to type and send messages in your local languages through Gmail?. This tip can help you in this matter. You can type emails in different languages by enabling the input tools. Follow the below steps!
- Open your Gmail account and go to the settings.
- Select the show all languages option from language section in general tab and click enable input tools from here.
- Now double click on the All input tools from the input tools Window. From here you can select the input tool you want.
9. Get Desktop Notifications for New Email:
You can enable the desktop notifications to receive the alert of new coming messages in Gmail. To do this, just follow the below simple steps.
- Open your Gmail account and go to the settings.
- Find out the Desktop notifications in the settings and choose New mail notifications & save it. That’s it!
10. Read and Respond to Email Offline:
One of the most interesting features of Gmail I ever saw is read and respond to email offline. Sound looks amazing? You also want to use this feature?. With the help of this tip, you can read and respond to the message online and the message will be sent automatically once after connecting to the internet.
- First of all, add the Gmail offline extension to your Google Chrome from here.
- Now select the “Allow offline mail” from the extension and click continue.
- Open your Google chrome browser now and Click on the Gmail offline from the top right menu of your browser.
That’s it. Now you can read and respond to the email even if you are offline. These 10 Gmail tips will make your account more productive than ever. Are these tips are helping you at all? Let us know in the comments section below.